Wells for Hope Welcomes Your Donation!
Majok Marier and other Lost Boys of Sudan trekked across three countries in search of safety and food and water during the Sudanese Civil War. Now working steadily in the U.S. since 2001, Majok, his fellow Lost Boys, and many concerned friends have created a non-profit organization, Wells for Hope, to bring water wells to villages near Rumbek, South Sudan.
- Women and girls must walk four to six miles one way each day for fresh, clean water for their families.
- Wells will open opportunities for Literacy at the Wells projects to encourage reading and writing skills among the water gatherers.
- After providing clean water, we hope to start a clinic.
- The need is great. Majok's sister Lela died of a miscarriage in her village in August, 2013. His six nieces and nephews were left without means of food and shelter and home when she passed away. Majok and his family support Lela's children now. Still, millions face uncertain lives where there are no health clinics. No water, no clinics.
But we have great news! We have three wells! Thanks to many contributors from all over, Majok travelled to see that a well was completed in Billing Daldiar, Lakes State, east of Rumbek, in June 2015! Residents are able for the first time to have clean water in their village, and they have begun growing more crops in the dry season, resulting in income for their families. In spring and summer 2016, two more wells went in, at Mabor Koch, home village of former Lost Boy Stephen Chol Bayok, and Mading Thon. We are now seekng a partner to help bring a medical clinic to this area.
If you would like to contribute to Wells for Hope, please go to http://www.georgiagives.org, and select Wells for Hope for your donation. If you prefer to mail a donation, you can make your donation by sending a check made out to Wells for Hope, Inc. and send it to Wells for Hope, P.O. Box 8754, Atlanta, GA 31106. Please include your email address so that we may acknowledge your gift. You may also use our Paypal button below.
- Wells for Hope is registered with the Georgia Secretary of State, and has been approved by the IRS for 501(c)3 non-profit tax status
If you would like to donate online, we can receive your donation through Paypal. Click on the button below.
Donation Card: Give the Gift of Water--and Life!
If your donation is a gift, we will mail to your recipient an attractive acknowledgement card detailing how a water well has changed life in a rural village in South Sudan, and our goal of funding another hand-pumped water well. After donating through Paypal, enter the name and address and other info about the recipient below. We will email the recipient as well, and email you a receipt. Thank you!
Through numerous appearances, we raised awareness and raised funds for the first well!
Major is pictured here addressing the International Convention of BBYO at the National Center for Civil and Human Rights in Atlanta earlier this year. Thanks for inviting us, and thank you for donating!
If you would like to arrange a speaker or to find out more information about Wells for Hope, email